500g McCarthys minced beef
1 stick celery
1 medium onion
1 carrot grated
100g garden peas
200ml beef stock (a stock cube is fine)
1kg peeled potatoes
Salt & Pepper
- Sweat the onion, carrot and celery in a little sunflower oil and add the meat. To maximise
flavour, be patient with the meat and leave it brown.
- Add the stock, Worcester sauce and the garden peas. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Boil or steam the potatoes until cooked through. Add seasoning and all the butter and mash to a
- Place the cooked meat into an earthenware dish and pipe or neatly arrange the potatoes on top.
- Brush with a little more melted butter and bake in a hot oven until browned on top.
- Serve with seasonal greens and tuck in!