Ingredients (for bolognese);
500g McCarthy’s minced beef
1 stick celery
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
3 cloves garlic
1 sprig rosemary or a handful of basil
200 ml beef stock (a stock cube works fine)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 x 500 ml passata
100g Smoked Bacon Lardons
Salt & Pepper
Method (for bolognese);
- Fry off the bacon lardons in a little olive oil until dry and crisp.
- Finely chop the onion, carrot, garlic and celery and add to the lardons. Sweat this mixture
over a low heat until soft.
- Increasing the heat, add the minced meat and stir until browned all over.
- Add the stock, seasoning, herbs, tomatoes and passata. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer
gently for one hour. Stir regularly.
- Boil spaghetti (or any choice of pasta) and serve with the Bolognese. Top with grated
parmesan and serve with garlic bread. (Tuck napkins securely under your chin before eating!)